21st Century Water
E6: Engineering the Future of Clean Water with Terry Leeds and Adam Krantz
Today, Aquasight CEO Mahesh Lunani speaks to Terry Leeds, President of National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA) and Director of Kansas City Water, as well as Adam Krantz, Chief Executive Officer of NACWA.
- What career accomplishments are Terry and Adam most proud of?
- What are the big issues being addressed at NACWA?
- What does Adam hope to accomplish as NACWA President?
- How does Terry manage such a large footprint with KC Water, serving 170K customers?
- Has COVID-19 created any permanent shifts in the industry?
- Throughout the pandemic, what actions have been taken to keep the industry uninterrupted, both at a utility and association level?
- Where will wastewater systems be 10 years from now with respect to rates, industry structure, smart technology, and smart regulations?
- What are Terry and Adam's views on a circular economy enabled by wastewater systems, as well as public health monitoring enabled by wastewater systems?
- How do we recruit top talent in our industry going forward?
- Finally, we ask Terry and Adam why they chose water as a career and what they would say to someone aspiring to be water utility leader?
Aquasight Website: https://www.aquasight.io/
NACWA Website: https://nacwa.org/